Whatever it is…Drop It!
It’s time to move forward. It is a new year and we have a new President who is an entrepreneur himself.
It would appear that many of his changes since his inauguration will have a profound effect on our nation’s economy and with it, we in small business. These changes will mean growth. Changes in healthcare (making healthcare more affordable for entrepreneurs of small businesses), Tax Reform, Immigration, Regulations & Trade & Trade Agreements all mean more money back into our economy
So, if we are in the “right place at the right time”, how do we make sure that we are properly prepared to embark on this amazing journey. A journey that could final give us businesses that work for us versus the other way around?
To move ahead, we need to shed some of the things that have been holding us back. Things that literally need to be dropped from our lives and businesses. Here are but a few to get you to where you need to be:
- Drop the Negative People: Drop the people who negatively affect your attitude and with it your productivity.
- Drop Caring About Mistakes You Have Made: The past is the past! There is a reason why our rearview mirror is so small and our windshields are so large. Making mistakes is part of the learning experience and make you stronger. Every setback is an opportunity for a comeback.
- Drop Any Low Self-Esteem Issues You Have: G-D did not create you to be a failure. You were created for greatness!
- Drop Trying to Please Everyone: You cannot nor should you even try to be everything to everybody.
- Drop Your Limited Beliefs: You have no limitations on your growth, often we set our own limitations of what we thing we can accomplish.
Someone who believes in moving on is our cover honoree this month, Ms. Lisa Morton! Lisa was our cover honoree in our February 2013 issue of SBT. Lisa had sold her company (Texas Bookkeepers) and joined forces with another company.
Lisa believes that life gives you choices and that (at times) changes mean opportunities. She joined forces with partner Scott Burgess to form Douglas Business Solutions. Even though we a cover honor is a one-time honor, we believed that we needed to tell the revised story of his dynamic and successful entrepreneur! You will enjoy her story!
Also in the spotlight this month is Mr. Archie Elliott of Symmetry Fitness, who just happens to be my personal trainer that I work out with twice a week! If improved health and fitness are your goals, let Archie “Ace” Elliott take you there!